Friday 4 February 2011

What Final To Aim At...?

One question I've often asked by newbies to the hobby is what final should they be aiming for. My main advice is simple, "Don't pressure yourself with targets, if you drive as cleanly as you can then take satisfaction from which ever final you make".

I should sometimes take my own advice! It's slightly different to an experienced driver though, take me for example, I'm expected to make the Top 10 at the Mid West Outdoor Regionals and although it's fair to say if I miss out on a Top 10 then I'd be very disappointed, it's whereabouts do you aim for overall when you find yourself in this position?

It's very easy to feel down if you look at a heat list and see Former European A Finalists, World Champions, Regional winners etc..., just remember each event is a new event.

To those more experienced drivers who are hopeful of making A Finals, my primary advice is also simple, make sure you get in there first and then push for the highest grid position you can, after all you can't win it if you're not in it!

The most important thing to remember though is that for 99% of the RC Universe this is a hobby, ok a very expensive hobby, enjoy it and come back next time with the last meeting put behind you and a smile on your face, drive cleanly and qualify as high as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment