Friday 4 February 2011

Pre-Micro National Thoughts

So onwards to Swansea for Round 5 of the series and I get the feeling it's not going to be straight forward!!

This time last year it was only my 2nd Micro National and it was certainly one to remember. After being placed in Heat 1 as an 'unranked' driver (although I did race at the previous Round there was nothing updated) I managed to take Rounds 1 & 2 which ended up being good enough to take overall TQ. I managed a superbly clean driver for 3 and a half minutes before my motor decided to blow and with it any chance of picking up my first National win!

This year it's all different though and I am racing 2 classes, one of them for the first time. I will be lining up with the 1/16th 4wd as normal as I continue my push for the Top 3. It's fair to say Craig Harris is probably not going to be caught in this but there is a right battle heating up for 2nd place involving myself, Phil Sleigh, Danny Conway and Tony Bishop.

I'm also lining up in 1/16th 2wd for the first time. I am racing the Phat Bodies Chunk of Dan Osbornes, fortunately for me Dan is away on holiday so they have been kind enough to allow me to run his car and as I have blogged so far I am very impressed. I am that impressed I've actually agreed to buy one and should complete the transaction at Swansea , ready for the rest of the season.

I'll also be having a chat with Cain in relation to future projects with RC Model Imports. We have tried to get the Blaze up and running in the 1/18th 4wd Class but so far this has been unsuccessful, I still think it's a possibility and we will have to wait and see what we can do!

I'll be trying to update the blog after every round but with time constraints at Swansea it may not be possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment