Wednesday 9 February 2011

Shark Rebuild

24 hours after my Shark decided to fall to pieces at Mold it is time to start the rebuild. I've got 48 hours to get it sorted ready for the next Ellesmere Port Club Night. This rebuild is needs to be a no holds barred, everything off the car, strip down and clean. All the bearings (I'm sure there's 15) will get a nice soak in good old fashioned motor cleaner and I may even have a re-arrange of the pit box!

It's also going to give me a chance to run a stock take on what I have and what is needed!! There may be an order imminent!

Before
This is what I was faced with at the start










During
Well during the rebuild I was looking for anything broken or damaged etc... I'd already decided to change the servo although I noticed the steering was very odd. The actual steering post that attaches to the chassis wasn't allowing the steering to be moved freely from side to side once the Servo had been unattached. Based on this I may try the Servo again just to see

Here's the reason that the hinge pin fell out last night at Mold, notice the difference??









I've also got rid of one of the bearings in the front wheel hub as that had started to fall apart, again potential issue that may not have been the Servo.

The rear upper diff housing is being replaced as well as the screws through the shock tower into it were not doing their job, I will be applying a small bit of thread lock to certain areas / screws.

What Goes Where??
Any ideas!! 20 minutes after starting this is the stage we are at







So we start the jigsaw puzzle that is putting things back together. With the Shark always start with the Prop Shaft, Diffs and Diff Housings and you should have something that looks like the below





No comments:

Post a Comment