Tuesday 8 February 2011

Race Day - Mold Model Car Club - 08.02.11

Fresh after victory on Sunday at Swansea I've come along once more to Broughton, home of Mold Model Car Club. There'll probably not be many of us there but we're enthusiastic and lay a good track!









I was hoping for a nice easy evening, not change anything on the car, possibly even run a stock take on my things!!

How wrong could I be!! I go to turn on the transmitter and found out that it had been left on after Sunday a quick trip to Tesco around the corner and away we go!




After a few laps my front left wheel fell off! After closer inspection I was surprised to see this





The driveshaft has sheared off! After taking one of Mikes car this is what it's meant to look like





There are only 4 of us here though unfortunately so I'm not sure we'll plug the laptop in or not!

I have noticed with the car that I have so much more steering to the right than the left so at some point this week I need to resort the Servo, the end points are suggesting all should be ok

The End
Well by the end of the night one of the rear hingepins had fallen out as it appears the rear brace has snapped in half! The servo also appears to be knackered as the car is pulling to the right. The front end is really loose as well!! All in all the car needs a complete rebuild so I hope I get time to do it before Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment