Saturday 26 February 2011

Oh What A Night!

So tonight I headed off down to Hereford to run both the Shark and Chunk.  It was an ideal time as there was just over a week until the Hereford National.

It started off well, got there that early I decided to try to build a Shark with a small chassis but decided after taking the front end off to put it back, no stress tonight!

Then it went from bad to worse, 3 laps into practise the car had no drive and after investigation I found out the that Prop Shaft had snapped in two pieces, something I have never encountered before!!  so Round 1 was missed.  I changed the shaft in double quick time by moving the electrics into a spare Shark I had just bought from Stu Mac, thanks matey. 

Got the car on the line (just about) for Round 2 only to strip the spur before the race even started!  So 2 hours drive and 3 laps so far!!  During Round 2 I threw Chunk on the track only to fall off the big jump on my second lap and rip a turnbuckle out of its socket!!

I changed the spur gear in the Shark and the meshing didn't feel comfortable so in double quick time (again) I threw in my Speed Passion 6900kv motor which I had set up on a spare motor place.  I finished 3rd in the race behind Bish and Craig Harris but most importantly I managed the quickest lap of the race!!

The final came along and I despite missing the warble at the start I drove to a creditable 2nd place although about half a lap behind Bish.  According to the computer however I won so I can't argue with that, oh, I also had the fastest lap!

So a long evening and little reward.  Plenty of rebuilding to do before my next outing in err... 2 days!

The night finished off with a wobbly (buckled) wheel, we will be getting rid of that me thinks!!

Thanks to Hereford for their hospitality as always and I'm really looking forward to Morgan Rham making his top heat debut at the Micro National, he looked in stunning form tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment