Sunday 30 January 2011

Race Day - Ellesmere Port Club Night 28.01.11

I like running at Ellesmere Port, it's the same hall that I started off racing 20 years ago in 1990 an I'm still here!!

They race every Friday night, mainly running Micros but with a heat of Mardaves. There used to be more Mardaves than Micros but it shows that the Off Road scene is thriving once more, better than the Snoring Touring Cars (my opinion only)

Competitive night tonight with Dan Murphy, Gavin Stephenson and Darren Stephenson all racing, all 4 of us are capable drivers.

After a couple of races I find myself top of the pile on 23 laps, Dan has 22 with Team Stephenson showing at 21 and 20, Gavin quicker than Darren. In all fairness to Dan and Gavin there is absolutely nothing between us at the start of the race. I'd appear to take a couple of tenths of a second per lap from them. It will be closer come the final tonight

There is a side note to my driving so far tonight! After Round 1 I tried to be clever and jump onto the rostrum (stage) from the big jump. I only succeeded in finding a table leg and the results are shown below:




Ellesmere Port improves your driving like no other club in the area. It's a very tight twisty track and the Micros have jumps a plenty to keep us on our toes. Tonights track is shown below:






As with the 1/10th cars this past week at Hereford I've turned all my throttle settings down 0% with the exception of the HiPoint which is set at 130. I've upped the last setting to 140 for Round 3 and I also ran the last race with no front roll bar due to my aforementioned meeting with the table leg!

The nights racing finished off disappointingly for me, Round 3 was another comfortable race for me with no issues, the final however was a different story! After helping myself to a 6 second or so advantage ahead of Dan and Gavin my rear right wheel fell off! This is something I'm going to have to keep an eye on at Broughton this coming Tuesday night. Dan and Gav continued to have a right battle until the end where Dan came out as winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment