Tuesday 25 January 2011

BWOC Summary

2WD
I was hopeful of making at least one A Final this weekend and I was more than expecting to make it in 4wd and not 2wd!

My thoughts are justified because if you look at my results from the 2009 Nationals compared to the 2010 Nationals you will see I was getting better results pre-Cougar. I really struggled in 2010 as it was the first time is ran a Mid-Motored 2wd car however 2011 has started off very well and feels me with optimism.

It may be Indoor Racing and don't get me wrong it will be totally different when we get outdoors but a few subtle changes we have made have make a huge difference. I've knocked down the aggression on the speed controller as well as transmitter and Saturday goes to show I am on the up in 2wd.

To qualify 5th, finish 7th and have a couple of top 3 rounds (including the strange last round which in my opinion should have been a 1st in round) was an awesome result for me.

The finals were a bit disappointing but it's not often I find myself in the position I was. I'm hopeful I can be up there in the coming meetings too.

Congrats to my Schumacher team mates Danny McGee and Lloyd Storey on their top 3 finishes.

4wd
To finish 2nd highest Schumacher on the day is a result I look back on with pride, it was a job well done this weekend!

I think the break from 1/10th over the past 2 months really helped me to focus at Hereford and I'm now raring to go in 2011.

As per 2wd I honestly believe making some mi or changes in relation to speed controller settings and aggression have really helped me this weekend. Not only that but to have a car from the off that needed no changes to be made helped a lot. It may be a different story when we go outdoors and results may come down to our reactions in terms if set up on the track, we can't worry about that at the moment though as we're still a few months from the serious outdoor racing!

To be a double A finalist this weekend was very satisfying, bring on 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment