Wednesday 15 December 2010

Sunday 19th December - Caldicot Preview

This Sunday sees me having a change in my original racing schedule. I was due to be racing my Schumacher 1/10th cars at the popular Batley Club hosted series at Chadderton but due to my excellent start in the Micro National Series I have decided my time would be better spent with my LWB Shark at Caldicot, the venue for the next round of the National Series

My main reason for heading down the English/Welsh border is the chance to run my Micro on slippy floor, something which I really struggle with! Craig Harris is currently leading the Micro Series and it's also Craigs home club so it will be interesting to see how our times compare!

I think I'll be using the day to try a couple of set up tweaks. Based on last years National the tyre choice will be Schumacher White Rally Blocks and these are tyres that I don't have a great deal of experience of. At the last National in Dudley I ended up on the aforementioned Rally Blocks and this is one of the first times I'd ever ran them!

So I plan to have a play with tyres as well as oil weight and also possibly the new motor that I mentioned in my Pinion blog post on Tuesday.  Thinking about it though I may have a run with my original short wheel base Shark, just to see the difference, it will look tiny against the Carisma!!

Roll on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment