Wednesday 15 December 2010

My LWB Shark Set-Up

I have been very fortunate since putting the Longer Chassis on my LRP Shark in terms of set ups. In fact until the Dudley National the other week I hadn't changed the set-up at all!!

Setting up the Micro is so much easier than the 10th cars. In 1/10th you have to be reacting to the changes in conditions every step of the way. You'll find this is because when you race outdoors the weather plays a major factor in proceedings and grip levels change so frequently

In terms of the Micro, when going to a new track with my I always start with the set-up listed below. Please remember though that set-ups are very individual. There are a lot of drivers out there who have done 1 lap with my Shark and handed it straight back to me! Yet for me the set-up is amazing!!


Jonesy LRP LWB Shark Starting Set-Up

Motor: Speed Passion 6900kv
Speedo: EzRun 25A
Received: KO302F
Servo: GM
Spur: 49
Pinion: 10

Front Tyres: Schumacher Mini-Pins (slim) on 20mm Wheels with Schumacher Blue Inserts
Rear Tyres: Schumacher Mini-Pins on 25mm Wheels with Schumacher Blue Inserts

Front Anti-Roll Bar: Yellow
Front Shocks: Schumacher 80 weight oil with 4 hole pistons
Front Shock Spring: Green
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: White
Rear Shocks: Schumacher 40 weight oil with 4 hole pistons
Rear Shock Spring: Black

Front Shock Tower: Team RCMI (formally Frogger)
Front Shock Tower Position: Middle
Front Shock Wishbone Position: Inner

Rear Shock Tower: Team RCMI (formally Frogger)
Rear Shock Tower Position: Upper / Outer
Rear Shock Wishbone Position: Outer

The only difference I made as noted above was at Dudley National.  I found that once I changed to White Rally Blocks from Mini-Pins I was losing the back end more and the car didn't feel too balanced.  As a result I changed the rear shock oil from Schumacher 40 weight to 80 weight oil and the car was so much easier to push when needed

If you have any questions about the above set up then give me a shout

PLEASE NOTE: The Pictures above show the car with Big Bore Shocks on, I am not using these shocks and I also do not use the Team RCMI Top Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment