Thursday 16 December 2010

Racing Outside Of the UK

I've been very fortunate to have represented Britain at the 1/10th Off Road European Championships, something I have done 4 times:
2004 Turin
2005 Paris
2009 Bilbao
2010 Vienna

All 4 have been fascinating experiences that I will never forget.  I even made a 2wd C Final in Bilbao!  I should be good enough for an invite to the 2011 event in the South of France at Pau however it is an invite I may have to decline due to Finances.

As a BRCA Micro Committee Member I'd love to race the Micro outside of the UK and this is something I'm going to have to speak to Cris Oxley about.  It would be amazing to host a Micro Euro's in Britain, I wonder if this would ever happen?  Many searches last night on You Tube would suggest there is a market out there, especially over in Sweden and Finland.  Maybe even go over to the States to race but their tracks did look a bit rubbish!

You never know, one day maybe.....

1 comment:

  1. Definately up for this Sir. Lets make it happen.
    Gaffer

    ReplyDelete