Friday 4 March 2011

Race Night - Ellesmere Port Friday March 4th

Back to my usual Friday night routine and a trip to Ellesmere Port, the nice 4 minute car journey as opposed to Hereford last week!

Chunk front end as been destroyed this week to so we can use our B4 parts and it's looking good, let's hope it goes well on the track with brand new Mini Pins on the rear!!

Shark is also ready to go for the weekend but still having slight concerns over motor meshing so I will be asking the Emax expert Darren Stephenson to give meshing the once over! It sounds awful but the spur looks perfect!

I'm undecided what car to race in what order tonight. I'm going to practice first with Chunk to make sure that goes. Both Gavin and Dan are running their Sharks and 1/18ths so I'll have to sync our order!

Well Practice went wrong the front wheel fell off the Chunk resulting in a lost bearing so that puts away any ideas of me running that tonight, Sunday is not looking promising!

In terms of the Shark the Emax motor just sounded like it wanted to strip the spur so it came out after 2 mins and back goes the trusty SP Motor!!

After changing diffs, bevel gears and eventually the spur down to a 45 tooth I got the car sounding ok! The only problem is I didn't tighten up the 'new' diff and it was slipping like a bitch! After 3 minutes of slow clean driving I had nailed by a back marker and that cost me the race! Afterwards I tightened the diff and the car was amazing quick (and quieter)!

So on to Hereford, I'm tempted to give Chunk a miss and focus on the Shark for this round as I still have an outside chance of taking the title. I can sort Chunk out going forward.

Plans to try to mesh the Emax on the 45 spur for Sunday morning and if not then whack up the timing on the motor and see if we can get down the straight at a respectable speed!

One thing is sure it's going to be a long weekend and I have no time to spare!!

No comments:

Post a Comment